Sunday, November 23, 2014

Lansing Historical Society Festival of Lights to open

One of the highlights of the season for me is the Festival of Lights exhibit at the Lansing Historical Society. I'm vice president of the society, which means I am the program director and I always enjoy selecting the program for November when our Festival of Lights exhibits opens. For several of the programs, I have booked musical groups that have performed holiday songs. This year the entertainment comes from veteran actor Terry Lynch, who will perform as St. Nick in "The Legend of St. Nicholas." Following the family-friendly program, the museum will be open for viewing of the trees. The exhibit includes nearly 3 dozen trees and holiday scenes.

The Lansing Historical Museum is located in the lower level of the Lansing Public Library at School Street and Indiana Ave. in Lansing, Illinois. For more information, go to www.lansinghistoricalsociety.org.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Prairie Guest House, Fishers Indiana

On a recent media trip in Indianapolis, I spent a little time in Hamilton County, staying at the Prairie Guest House Bed & Breakfast in ...