Friday, March 31, 2023

Prairie Guest House, Fishers Indiana


On a recent media trip in Indianapolis, I spent a little time in Hamilton County, staying at the Prairie Guest House Bed & Breakfast in Fishers. It was a charming spot with an interesting history located directly across from Conner Prairie. My husband, Paul, traveled with me and while I went to some of the media events, he stayed behind for a few hours on his own. 


He shared a little about his experience in the guest blog post below:




It was mid March so the weather was on the cold side with some snow flurries. I enjoy the outdoors and especially the change of seasons. The weather offers unique opportunities which I’ve learned to capitalize on. The birds were busy and chirping in spite of the cold and wind. 

After breakfast I planned to prepare my camera with tripod and flash. Upon arrival the evening before I noticed some good photo ops. 

Of course I needed coffee to get me started. Strawberry and pineapple gave me the right amount of sweetness. The bacon and potatoes added calories which I would burn to stay warm while outdoors taking pictures and enjoying nature. 




The B&B covers 2 acres, which allows for quite a variety of wildlife. There was plenty of room for me to roam with my camera. One of the things I was determined to photograph was a small statue which sat in the grass between the Guest House and the 1900's cottage. 




I wandered a little further and ran into what seemed to be a quite healthy and happy squirrel. He sat high in the tree and obviously felt safe from my intrusion into his peaceful world of eating nuts. The frozen grass crunched with each of my footsteps so I felt confident that the hungry squirrel was aware of my presence. But that did not deter the critter's appetite. 




After spending nearly two hours taking photos, I was cold and ready for another cup of coffee. There is a Kuerig in the foyer with a variety of coffee and tea to choose from. 



We spent two nights in the Hamilton suite. It was located on the second floor which included a seating area across from a window. I spent some time reading my book by the natural light, something which I find almost as relaxing as photography. 





The Prairie Guest House https://www.prairieguesthouse.com/ is located in Fishers Indiana. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Prairie Guest House, Fishers Indiana

On a recent media trip in Indianapolis, I spent a little time in Hamilton County, staying at the Prairie Guest House Bed & Breakfast in ...