Sunday, August 7, 2011

Free family fun at Lincoln Park Zoo

For the last field trip of the school year for my son, we visited Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago with his kindergarten class. It's one of the few free zoos left in the country and I love that you can walk the whole place in an afternoon. It's compact and you can see a lot in a small area. There's something for all ages.Here's my little guy in the farm section. :)


We traveled by bus, but parking can be a bit tricky. Also, be sure to check out the Lincoln Park Conservatory while you're there. For more info, visit http://www.lpzoo.org/.

1 comment:

  1. Just came across this post after I made my previous comment suggesting the Lincoln Park Zoo :) Its a great zoo!

    Hope to see more posts on your travels!

    ReplyDelete

Prairie Guest House, Fishers Indiana

On a recent media trip in Indianapolis, I spent a little time in Hamilton County, staying at the Prairie Guest House Bed & Breakfast in ...