Bengtson's Pumpkin Farm

Twenty-one years ago we made our first trip to Bengtson's Pumpkin Farm when my son was a baby. We went for several consecutive years and missed the past three years, so I thought it was time that we return to the place that held so many fall memories for our family. My in-laws went with us every year and two years ago my father-in-law passed away and last year my mother-in-law moved to Missouri to live near her sister and mother, so this was the first trip without them, which made it kind of bittersweet. I look forward to one day bringing grandkids of my own there.

The place is such a fun magical place, especially when you have very little ones. Every year the kids looked forward to returning to the haunted house and the fun barn, taking a hay ride and watching the pig races. It's expanded a bit in recent years and now has rides, a petting zoo and more. It's a great way to spend a fall day.

There are still a few days left in the season, so if you have yet to pick out pumpkins or you're looking for an alternative to trick-or-treating this weekend, make plans for a visit. Visit pumpkinfarm.com for more information.

The pig races are always fun to watch.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LeClaire, Iowa

Blue Gate Garden Inn

Pipe Organ Music Comes with Dinner at Beggar's Pizza in Lansing