Friday, October 30, 2015

Bengtson's Pumpkin Farm

Twenty-one years ago we made our first trip to Bengtson's Pumpkin Farm when my son was a baby. We went for several consecutive years and missed the past three years, so I thought it was time that we return to the place that held so many fall memories for our family. My in-laws went with us every year and two years ago my father-in-law passed away and last year my mother-in-law moved to Missouri to live near her sister and mother, so this was the first trip without them, which made it kind of bittersweet. I look forward to one day bringing grandkids of my own there.

The place is such a fun magical place, especially when you have very little ones. Every year the kids looked forward to returning to the haunted house and the fun barn, taking a hay ride and watching the pig races. It's expanded a bit in recent years and now has rides, a petting zoo and more. It's a great way to spend a fall day.

There are still a few days left in the season, so if you have yet to pick out pumpkins or you're looking for an alternative to trick-or-treating this weekend, make plans for a visit. Visit pumpkinfarm.com for more information.

The pig races are always fun to watch.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Prairie Guest House, Fishers Indiana

On a recent media trip in Indianapolis, I spent a little time in Hamilton County, staying at the Prairie Guest House Bed & Breakfast in ...